Don King, on Mike Tyson


"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter?
He went to prison, not to Princeton."



"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music
and the dancers hit each other."

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Topics for posting

My connections within the Boxing community are limited so reporting about the ins and outs of modern fighters and boxing matches leaves me without much original material to report.  My knowledge is based on reading other boxing writers on the web and in newspapers which would allow me to be a news agglomerater but that is not an ambition of mine.

Boxing involves many aspects that I can report on like motivation, training techniques, footwork, diet and mental preparation.  These aspects are individual and somewhat different with every fighter.  Training and trainers are the behind the scenes aspects of the sport but the preparation needed by every fighter who hopes to succeed in the ring.

Safety and injury prevention are other areas that get taken care of behind the scenes people like promoters, trainers, ambulance crew and so on.

The purpose of the blog is to shine a light on things I find interesting, disturbing or outrageous about the sport to the best of my ability given my total lack of resources.



No comments: