Don King, on Mike Tyson


"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter?
He went to prison, not to Princeton."



"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music
and the dancers hit each other."

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tomasz Adamek outpoints Eddie Chambers

 Adamek humble in victory while Chambers stayed  busy making excuses... Adamek was a great Champion as a light heavyweight and is the best small heavyweight out there.  

Too bad the division has the Klitschkos at the Top whose size alone is too much to overcome for the average heavyweight... and no, Lennox Lewis won't be making a comeback.


Tomasz Adamek outpoints Eddie Chambers


Saturday, June 16, 2012
Newark, N.J. (AP) -


Tomasz Adamek unanimously outpointed Eddie Chambers in a 12-round bout Saturday night to capture the IBF North American heavyweight championship.


Adamek, a Polish fighter who lives in Kearny, N.J., has won two straight fights after losing a WBC heavyweight title fight to Vitali Klitschko last September in Poland.


Adamek improved to 46-2, receiving winning scores of 116-112, 116-112 and 119-109.


"The fight was very close, but I felt I fought my fight and I won the fight," Adamek said. "I was looking to win the fight. If I start to look to knock someone out, you can lose. I felt I controlled the fight."


Chambers, who lost to Wladimir Klitschko for the IBF and WBO heavyweight crown in March 2010, was fighting for the first time since February of 2011, missing two scheduled bouts due to injury.


"I'm sure I would have won the fight if I had both hands," Chambers said. "I threw a hook off my jab and his big arm got in the way. I must have torn something in the bicep. I tried later to throw some punches with my left, but I couldn't muscle anything with my left. I had to figure out what to do."



"Eddie was fast and very sneaky," Adamek said. "I didn't know anything about his arm. Someone told me after the fight was over. I just had to be ready for anything."
 
"I was unsure about the decision and if you're unsure, you can't say you won clear cut," Chambers said. "I don't like to sound brash, but I would have won if I didn't get hurt. I worked so hard to get ready for this fight and I was in the best shape of my life."

  One more excuse:
Chambers was fighting for the first time since the passing of his long-time manager "Big" Rob Murray, who died June 3. Murray's son, Rob, Jr. has taken over handling Chambers.








 SOURCE:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/06/16/sports/s211522D50.DTL

No comments: