Don King, on Mike Tyson


"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter?
He went to prison, not to Princeton."



"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music
and the dancers hit each other."

Monday, February 27, 2012

David Haye Admits

David Haye Admits He Held A Bottle When Striking Dereck Chisora

The retired fromer heavyweight was involved in a violent fracas at Chisora's press conference following his defeat to Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko.

Haye, 31, however stressed that he was merely holding the bottle, rather than using it as a weapon against the 28-year-old Chisora.

Haye told ITV's The Sunday Night Show: "I didn't hit him with that bottle, I hit him with my fist. It was a glass bottle but, if I'd had my mobile phone in my hand, it would have been a mobile phone. If I'd had a hot dog in my hand, it would have been [that]."

Haye and Chisora brawl in Munich:

Haye admitted that his actions in Munich may have damaged the image of British boxing, but defended his behaviour in Germany. He has not fought since losing his WBC heavyweight world championship belt to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg last July and has no interest in facing Chisora.

"I've got no desire to fight Chisora inside the ring or outside the ring," he said.




No comments: