Don King, on Mike Tyson


"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter?
He went to prison, not to Princeton."



"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music
and the dancers hit each other."

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fresh Olympic win, Cassius Clay ...


Photo: FPG/Getty Images


"...And then I come home with the Olympic gold medal and the lightheavy weight championship of the whole world representing my country, America. 

Coming back to this city called Louisville, Kentucky, where I was born and raised. 

And then go to a restaurant and can't get served. I did this a lot of times. 

In the not summertime I'd go in an open door for a glass of juice, and they'd say, 'Can't serve you here, darkey.'

I went in one place and asked to be served and the waiter told the boss, 'He's the Olympic champion,' and the boss said, 'I don't give a damn who he is, get him the Hell out of here.'"

     - Cassius Clay, St. Albans Daily Messenger, 1967


No comments:



Beloved Onslaught



No comments: