Don King, on Mike Tyson


"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter?
He went to prison, not to Princeton."



"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music
and the dancers hit each other."

Friday, October 26, 2012

Lennox’s statement on the death of Emanuel Steward | Lennox Lewis





















 Jermain Taylor, the world middleweight boxing champion, practices with trainer Emanuel Steward on May 11, 2006. (David Guralnick/The Detroit News)
 



 Lennox Lewis:

"I’m completely devastated by the passing of my long time friend, mentor and trainer Emanuel “Manny” Steward. Manny has helped me get through some of the biggest fights in my career and I only regret that I couldn’t return the favour and see him through his biggest fight.

We’ve maintained a close relationship and the last time we spoke he seemed his usual upbeat self so it was very disturbing to hear about his illness and rapid decline. It is with a heavy heart that realization of what I hoped were just rumors are now in fact true. Manny always told me I was the best, but the truth is, HE was the best and I’m grateful, privileged and honoured to be counted among his many historic successes.



 Read more on:
Lennox’s statement on the death of Emanuel Steward | Lennox Lewis

LINK: http://lennoxlewis.com/news/lennoxs-statement-on-the-death-of-emanuel-steward/


Photographs from:http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121025/SPORTS07/210250445/1136/SPORTS07/Legendary-boxing-trainer-Emanuel-Steward-dies






No comments: